Monday, February 13, 2012
Valentine Cake Pops
Something I don't highly recommend is trying out a new recipe or project when you have to make 120 to 140 of them. I loved the idea of cake pops - apparently it's the big thing right now. I think they taste delicious and look fun...but I have never made a cake pop before. So deciding to make cake pops for each of the kids to give out in their classrooms for valentines was.... well.... slightly crazy. Luckily there was something for everyone to do. The kids all helped make their own cakes - 1 cake mix makes 28-32 cake pops, so each kid got to pick their own flavor to make for their class. Jade made yellow - Cambrie made strawberry - Hailey mad funfetti - and Colby's/mine was Chocolate. I think their favorite part was when they got to crumble the cakes, then mix in the frosting by hand. The process to dip the balls in chocolate was a little slow, so unfortunately bedtime came before the cake pops were done. The kids started out decorating them, but after they went to bed I had the "privilege" of staying up until about 2 a.m. finishing them. I think it would be fun if you were making like... 1 batch. :) - Happy Valentines!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment